Re: MGC oil filters

To: Mowog1@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGC oil filters
From: Rick Hoefle <NamasteRH@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 1996 09:52:46 -0400
Mowog1@aol.com wrote:

> Greetings!    Now that the MGC is back on the road under its own power for
> the first time in four long years   :-)     routine maintenance will finally
> be more important than restoration......Questions:
>
> 1)  What advantages/disadvantages do the felt oil filters have over
>       paper cartridges?
>  2)  How long can one anticipate a felt filter to last?
> 3)   Knowing that there is a spin-on adapter available for the Healey,
>        is there a similar unit available for the MGC? Or does the front
>        brake servo get in the way?
> 4)   Is there a source for the air filter for the emissions pump?
>
> Thanks in advance for your input!
>
> rick ingram - namgbr #0-134
>                      - amgcr # 0985

Rick:
I just wonder why after 4 years of restoration you would want to start
changing the character of your C.  The canister oil filter poses very
little inconvenience and, if the rest of the car is stock, I would not
devalue it by making any unnecessary changes.

Sorry I cannot help with your questions.  I am relatively new to the C
(beginning of this year).  I will be reading any responses to your post
with interest.
--

Rick Hoefle 1964 Tiger B9470508 - HIS
            1969 MGC            - HERS