74 MGB ignition problems

To: mg net <MGS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET>
Subject: 74 MGB ignition problems
From: Scott Powers <SPowers2@wow.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 1996 22:26:16 -0400
I have had it! The prince of darkness is chasing me help please. I have
replaced everything and I still am getting poor spark at low rpm and it is
there at high rpm but not constant.  At low rpm no spark to #1, #2 is fine, #3
sometimes, #4 is fine.
Before I repalced everything (including new 25d dist) #1 was fine, #2 was fine,
#3no spark, and #4 sometimes. All the new stuff did not help much.  I just
finished a rebuild and have double cheked all mechanical items and they are ok.
The valves are at .15 cold and timing is 15 BTDC. I am running a Weber DGV
and the vaccum is working.  Help please my wifes patients ran out a month ago.

Scott Powers, 74 MGB Roadster (Lawn Statue)