JC Whitney (no lbc content)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: JC Whitney (no lbc content)
From: Jim Boyd <gumby@joshuanet.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 21:17:30 -0700
Hey List:
I remember the days of my youth (OK, decades ago) when I would ponder
the pages of the J.C. Whitney catalog on cold winter nights.  The
thought of dropping a Chevy 327 into a Metropolitan just wouldn't be
quite right unless I purchased the "exhasut cutout" that was on special
that month!  Oh the days of youth go by so quickly!!

I happened upon a new friend today in my neighborhood.  He is 80 years
old and retired as a machinist.  He built an ultra light helicopter a
few years back and has had a lot of experience with aviation stuff.

turns out he is building a wooden bodied car!  It is quite something to
see.  It's easy for me to become rather picky, but I am refreshed to see
that here is a guy who isn't willing to crawl into the rocking chair and
just let life pass him by!

With pride in his voice, Ira told me all about the purchases he made for
his car from the folks over at Whitney.  "See these air horns, those
plastic dunebuggy seats and that chrome visor on the headlights?", he
said.  Gottem all at Whitneys!

Not exactly my kinda car.  J.C. Whitney's isn't exactly my kinda store.
But they all seem to have a function for that special person out there!

Happy Motoring,

Jim Boyd
MGBs, Minis, TR7s?