Highbeams

To: gumby@joshuanet.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Highbeams
From: TheSkinny@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 14:04:13 -0400
>>Not to get off on my restification bent again, but I just discovered
some cool headlights for 7" diameter headlights.  The brand name is
"Autopal" and they are a knock-off for Hellas.  These are flat faced
lights with replaceable halogen bulbs.  I'm running past the  "legal"
limit:  100 high beam and 55 low beam.  <<

Jim- I hope you either set up a relay and a separate fused power source for
your headlights, or carry a couple of fire extinguishers.  The stock wiring
harness, bullet connectors, and switch contacts cannot handle the load of
100w high beams very long.  My bet is that the turn signal/high beam switch
will fail first, followed closely by the headlight switch.

David Riker