Re: Moss Spin-off filters for A and B/question

To: HLUB34A@aol.com
Subject: Re: Moss Spin-off filters for A and B/question
From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 16:49:03 +0000
Valerie,
Don't tell anyone but I used gasoline and a parts cleaning brush to
rinse all the parts that came in the kit and then air dried everything
with a compressor. It's important to make sure the parts are clean and
you could do it with a clean cloth, if you don't have access to what I
used.
The nut on the oil cooler assembly is 1" and an open end wrench should
do it. Tap gently with a hammer if it's on there tight and it probably
is. Make sure you clean out the old gasket in the block where the
filter goes in to(very important). Make sure you follow the
instructions and remember to tab up the supplied washer against the
nut to prevent its coming loose.
So far, everything remains dry and tight on my 64 B. I plan to do my
TD and MGA coupe after this good experience.

Keep up the good work,
Dave