Re: Dratted cats!

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dratted cats!
From: "Denise Thorpe" <Denise_Thorpe@cpqm.mail.saic.com>
Date: 23 Oct 1996 14:20:53 -0700
Ray,

> I just returned from 2 weeks away, and haven't had time to read my
> messages, but I was disturbed to find that a neighbor's cat had put a
> footprint on the hood of my car.  Of course, I am enraged all to hell
> about this.

> Any ideas out there how I can keep this from happening?  No suggestion is
> too extreme, as I am a dog lover.

I'm sorry I didn't respond to this sooner.  I hope you didn't wash off that
footprint.  A cat print on your car is a mark of favor from the MG gods.
Efface it at your own risk.  Dog prints only work on pickup trucks.  If you've
already washed it off, you need to appease the gods.  I suggest anointing
yourself all over with used motor oil.  This will require removing all of your
clothes.  For extra humility points, use 90wt.  Then roll in some dirt and
search your neighborhood for the cat who left the footprint.  Prostrate
yourself a few times in front of the cat.  That should do it.  Let us know how
it went.

> By the way, I've been told that the
> way to stop my car from overheating is to tie a knot in the radiator
> hose--any truth to this?

In your very informative FAQ, you mentioned putting a sock in the upper
radiator hose.  I'd heard that an improvement on this is to use a cucumber
wrapped in aluminum foil.  It has the same effect on cooling, but it has the
added bonus of providing something else for the distilled water to leach away
besides the engine block.  And the cucumber is biodegradable and won't hurt
any cats that lick it out of the gutter after being flushed from the car (the
cucumber, not the cats).

> And what does MOWOG mean?

Mowog who?  Is that yet another name for Lord Nuffield?

Glad I could help.

Denise Thorpe, remiss priestess
denise_thorpe@cpqm.saic.com