Re: Hub nut socket

To: James Howard <jdh@sextans.lowell.edu>
Subject: Re: Hub nut socket
From: Jeff Fayne <fayne@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 19:10:58 -0500
James Howard wrote:

> What size socket do I need to buy to take the hub nuts off the front of
> my MGB?

You will need a 1 1/8" for the front hubs (1 5/16" thin wall for the
rear). Be prepared to spend big $$$ for sockets of these sizes. Do what
I did and find a cheapie tool house or flea market and buy a no name
socket. You won't be using that one too often.

BTW: Current day Sears 1 5/16" sockets have too thick a wall for the
rear hubs. I was able to find an older Sears socket at a flea-market
that worked fine.

--
Jeffrey Fayne - Systems Engineer             fayne@ibm.net
INX International Ink Co.                    http://www.inxink.com