Re: Fwd: internet virus

To: Stephen Peter Mirams <mirams@bf.rmit.edu.au>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fwd: internet virus
From: Bill Harkins <bharkins@tfb.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 22:46:48 -0700 (PDT)
At 01:38 PM 10/23/96 +1000, you wrote:

>Attention all people on the MG list.
>
>This message regarding the Good Times Virus and the PKZIP300.ZIP is a hoax.
>
>There are no such virus's being spread on the internet. My dad received
>this warning through his email approx. 2 weeks ago and since then, it has
>been confirmed to be complete b.s.

Does this imply that there is no such thing as an Internet virus, or that
these particular viruses are bogus?
If you believe the former, I refer you to the McAfee web page in which all
the strains of Net viruses are explained and their fixes (= McAfee web virus
software).

What was the confirming evidence that the viruses are a hoax?

Bill Harkins