Re: Engine Additives

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine Additives
From: JKearman@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 10:21:00 -0500
In a message dated 96-10-27 00:58:31 EDT, CAT1CAT@p3.net (rocco grillo)
writes:

> i happened to look at gas additives, some didn't have any ingredients and
>  some had kerosene as the only component.. looking further at injector
>  cleaners   kerosene again
>  am i missing something ???
>
>  rocky in pa

Speaking of additives... Excuse me if this is an old thread. I've only
recently acquired a 72 MGB, and I'm wondering about the use of Slick 50. Oil
consumption has been about 1.5 qts over 2000 miles, some of it pretty hard (I
had to check it out!). I'm interested in preserving the engine and maybe
improving the gas mileage (about 20 mpg on 87 octane).

Thanks.

Jim Kearman

PS: The clunk has subsided for now. The car's due into the shop (British
Legends, Westfield, Mass) this week for a new gas tank, and I'll have him
inspect then.). Thanks to all for good suggestions.