Re: Electronic Ignition Decisions

To: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@ic.net>
Subject: Re: Electronic Ignition Decisions
From: glen@pegasus.unm.edu
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 09:46:04 -0700 (MST)
i too have found the crane system to be quite reliable. i installed one
on my '66 midget about 3 years ago, and it's still running good. the only
problem i had was craming all that stuff into my little midget
distributor. i actually had to shave a little bit of the photodetector
assembly so it would clear the rotor.
        well, i also had one slight problem after that. about 6 months
after i installed it, the damn bracket system worked loose and my car
started to buck like a steer. i pulled over real quick and was able to
diagnose and repair it right in the middle no where. if you install one,
just be real careful about how you fit it in under the dist. cap and make
damn good and sure those little brackets are screwed in tight and not
going no where.

glen