Re: 195/60 on stock MGB rims?

To: "Lee Daniels, daniels@tamu.edu" <DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>,
Subject: Re: 195/60 on stock MGB rims?
From: "Cram, Geoff" <gcram@wdni.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 11:31:00 -0800
Have you already expounded to the list about your blown tourer?  What do
you mean by tourer and did you install the supercharger yourself?

Geoff Cram
66B
gcram@wdni.com
 ----------
From: Westley Johnson
To: Lee Daniels, daniels@tamu.edu
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net
Date: Friday, October 25, 1996 3:37PM

ihave 195/60  series on my 67 tourer although i also have fitted the
LE style wheels as i did have a discussion with my local tire guy and
we decided that although  the tires would fit that the extra inch the
LE wheels offer is a much better route

                good luck
                        westley
67 super charged tourer
67 GT
58 MM1000 tourer
60 MM1000 2 dr coupe

Lee Daniels, daniels@tamu.edu wrote:

> It's tire time, and this tired old thread raises its ugly tread again.
>
> Has anyone put 195/60's on the stock MGB rims (Rostyle)?  I find that
> 185/70's are almost exactly the same diameter as the original 165's, and
> 195/60's are 3.8% smaller.  (A 195/65 would be again about the right
> diameter, but I've never seen one.)  The 195/70's would be about 2.5%
> larger than original diameter.
>
> Anyway, I've seen the 195/60's on minilites, but are the stock rims too
> narrow to safely use them?
>
>  Lee M. Daniels                 Laboratory for Molecular Structure and
Bonding
>  daniels@tamu.edu                                         Texas A&M
University