Re: TD oil pump

To: "John W. Dean" <jdean@cstone.net>
Subject: Re: TD oil pump
From: "Vince J. Pujalte" <pujalte@stic.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 20:48:51 -0800
John,
  You can use an "engine pre-oiler". This device is used by professional
engine rebuilders. You can probably borrow/rent this locally. Basically,
it is a pressurized container containing 1-4 qts of motor oil and is
connected to the block at the oil pressure sending unit port. After
ensuring a good seal, a valve is opened which charges the entire
lubrication system. I borrowed one from the engine rebuilder for my
car (1500 Midget) and it worked great. Hope this helps.

-Vince
'78 Midget "Betsy"
San Antonio, Texas