Re: Garage accidents.

To: JKearman@aol.com, MGS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Garage accidents.
From: DamitDick@gnn.com (Damit Dick)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 15:19:05
)
To: BarneyMG@aol.com
Subject: Re: Close ratios for MGA ?
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net

Barney...

According to Robert P. Vitrikas in his book "MGA A History &
Restoration Guide" the close ratio gearbox was only available on
the Twin Cam.

Gear ratios were as follows:

        Gear       Close-ratio    Standard-ratio

         1st            2.45:1          3.64:1

         2nd            1.62:1          2.214:1

         3rd            1.268:1         1.374:1

         4th            1:1                     1.1:1

>Does anyone know the gear ratios for a close ratio gearbox for an
>MGA?
>
>Was this a production option an new MGAs or only an aftermarket
>item?
>
>I don't see it in the factory workshop manual.
>
>Is there a ready source for a close ratio gear set for the MGA?

I hope this answers your questions.

Dick :>)
Vintage Parts & Products
Camarillo, California