Need help with MGB leaks

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Need help with MGB leaks
From: joseph_cianciotti@ns_gmosf.gmosf.com
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 96 15:45:25 PST
Sorry.  My email system's on the fritz again.  Not sure if this went out.
Joseph
From:    Joseph Cianciotti
Date:    10/29/96  9:41 AM

Well, the first real rain storm came last night and, as I suspected, my MGB has
a few leaks.  Replacing the vent window seals is easy.  But I need some help
diagnosing and correcting a couple of other leaks.  (Any help would be greatly
appreciated.)

1)   At the front right corner of the windshield at the top of the dash. I'm
not
sure if the water is coming through the windshield frame (Is that possible?),
around the glazing rubber (water does seem to collect at the exterior corners
of
the windshield), or from beneath the windshield.  The corner seal at the bottom
of the pillar does look a bit old but the bottom rail to body seal is new.

2)  On the passenger side, water is dripping down the heater/defroster hose.  I
reached up the hose and found it was damp all the way to the vent on the dash.
Could this be originating from beneath the windshield?

What can I do short of pulling the windshield and frame out and replacing all
the seals?  Is there something I can do to get me through the rainy season?
BTW
both leaks seemed to subside when I was moving.  But this could be because my
attention was on driving and not counting drips.

Special bonus leak:

3)  The other day when I washed my car, there was some water in the boot.
Mostly in the rear near the spare tire and some in the area where the tail
lights sit.  Frankly, I wasn't very careful with the hose and may have sprayed
some water around the filler pipe seal.  The tail lights feel a bit loose, and
can be moved slightly.  But I've been told this is normal.  Today, the only
water I found was probably collected when I opened the lid to check for water.
Should I worry about any of that and what should I consider replacing?

That's it for the weather report from inside my MGB.  Thanks in advance for
your
help.  I need it quick.  The car is my daily driver, parked outdoors and
doesn't
have the optional bilge pump installed.

Joseph
67 roadster