Re: wheels

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: wheels
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 30 Oct 1996 16:33:13 -0600
In <9610301954.AA01146@castles.com>, Larry Pitts wrote:
>Well that clunking noise in the rear didn't go away when thrust washers in
>the rear end were replaced. Maybe the wheels and hubs are worn out.

To test the hubs, chock the front wheels, set the emergency brake and
jack up the rear.  Loosen the knockoffs a whack or two.  Rotate the
wheel (with the knockoff still on, but loose enough for rotation).  If
it goes more than about 1/8-3/16" at the outside radius, your splines
are shot.  In most cases, both the hubs and the wheels need replacement.
Sorry about that....

>What is that large round device on the right inside of my trunk with all the
>fuel lines attached to it? (fuel pump? I expected the pump to be underneath)

It has to do with the vapor recovery system, some sort of reservoir.
Not the fuel pump, which can be found in front of the right rear
wheel.
                                A. B. Bonds