Re: MGB dimmer switch, alteration

To: bill and penny meyer <pplusb@northlink.com>
Subject: Re: MGB dimmer switch, alteration
From: Jim Boyd <gumby@joshuanet.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 17:57:53 -0800
bill and penny meyer wrote:

> I am currently rebuliding a '67 B.  One item I wish to change is the
> headlight dimmer.  I dislike the floor button and wish to change to
> stalk operation or ????  Unfortunately, the later switches do not fit
> within the 1967 steering cloumn cowl, and the later cowl does not
> look at all correct with the steel dash, toggle switches, etc.  ANY
> SUGGESTIONS?

Hey Bill:

I have a '67 GT that I relocated the dimmer switch.  I'm 6'2" tall and
covet all the space in the footwells that my body can take!  I too was
faced with the unfortunate prospect of an ill-fitting switch on the
steering column.

I used the turn signal/dimmer switch from a'73 B.  I had/have plans to
build a small fibreglass housing for the steering column, but to date
this project hasn't made it to the top of my to-do list.  I think that
it could be accomplished with a minimum of hassle, though.

Good Luck!

Jim Boyd
Paradise, CA         "Too many "Bs" to count, but who's counting?"