MG B-series engine parts needed

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MG B-series engine parts needed
From: BarneyMG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 00:53:13 -0500
Currently doing up a second MG 1500 engine as a spare, and missing a few
parts.  I know I can get most of this stuff commercially, but not in any rush
(for a change), and figured I'd try the cheap help route first.  Y'all got
any of this stuff you want to part with?

Front tappet cover, breather pipe and clip for 1500, 1600, 1622 or 1800G
engine.

Original type valve cover with breather tube, (ditto engine series).

Rocker shaft assembly.  Prefer the cast iron pedestals found on MGB rather
than the aluminum MGA parts (have broken a couple).  Worn is OK if cheap or
free, can rebuild it.

Timing cover with rubber seal, MGA-MK-II or 1800 G thru GF engines.

Throttle lever for MGA front carburetor (carries 2 screws).

Spin-on oil filter adapter (open to suggestion on type).

Distributor hold-down clamp.

Timing chain tensioner block (new or near new).

Cam sprocket nut.

Used oil pump and pickup screen for 3-main engine, newer type with angled
pickup on oil pump cover.  Junk pump is OK, I have a good early style pump,
just need the bottom cover and screen.

Thanks for the attention,
Barney Gaylord -- 1958 MGA