Midget paints, autocross

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget paints, autocross
From: "Thomas Wannenburg" <twannen@isnet.is.bgsm.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 13:58:57 -0500 (EST)
    My 74 Midget's (Gan5) engine (US car) is painted black, while the car itself
is maroon  which I know was not the original color.  It seems that the original
color was an unattractive olive green (still on the trunk floor and engine
compartment).  In the book "MG collection - the postwar models" is a picture of
a MKIII (English prepared) with a different dash design, and a green engine.
Can anyone tell me the right color for my engine (olive green?) and is there a
list of original colors available for the car?  I have noticed some differences
between US and English cars aside from steering wheel position.
   I also have a question for the autocrossers on the list.  What safety
equipment is mandated, and do you take a big hit on life insurance by competing
in autocross?
Regards
Tom Wannenburg.
74 MG Midget