RE: 185R-70-14 Tires on 1972 MGB?

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 185R-70-14 Tires on 1972 MGB?
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 1996 11:12:00 -0800 (PST)
Go for the 185/70's I have them on an 80 which has been lowered. No
clearance problems and they handle pretty well.
Chris Reichle
 ----------
From: mgs-owner
To: mgs
Subject: 185R-70-14 Tires on 1972 MGB?
Date: Monday,November 04,1996 3:22PM

People seem to be running all kinds of tires on their MGBs. My 72 originally
had 165s on it, according to the sticker. Right now it has 165x14 XZXs on
the
front and 185 XZXs on the back. They need to be replaced.

The 185s don't seem to be scuffing the fenders in back, since I stopped
driving like Boy Racer at least, but I wonder about using them in front.
Would owners of MGBs about the same vintage please comment?

I can get 175s mail-order, but if I nuke one on a New England Canyon (you
may
know them as potholes), I'll have to wait for a replacement. I tend to range
far and wide so ease of replacement is a consideration.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Jim Kearman
Live from Sunny Southwick