Re: '72 MG Midget Part out and need advice

To: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch), mgs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: '72 MG Midget Part out and need advice
From: jpquinn@cyberramp.net (John P. Quinn)
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 1996 17:02:19 -0600
A swap meet is reallya good idea.  I sent in my application and money to
The North Texas Austin Healey Club but havn't heard anything back in 3 or 4
weeks.

I was hoping to find swap meets through that channel.  Easier to part out
that way.

Anyone out here in the NTAHC?  What gives?

>This a tough thing to do. You have to be very honest about discribtion
>of condition and remember that what may be good condition to some is
>garbage to others. I have bought a few things over the net with good
>results but the only thing I sold was a set of wire wheels that came
>back to me and I refunded his money. What I try to do now is, let
>people know what shows and events I'll be attending and make
>arrangements to meet them with cash and I'll bring parts. If you really
>want to sell and ship, buyer pays shipping plus your charge for part
>prior to you shipping. In this case you need to ship immediately upon
>receipt of payment. Use the Vic Bit or Moss Catalog and usually 40% to
>%50 of the new part list price is fair. Hope this helps, good luck and
>Safety Fast, David Deutsch

Jay Quinn    -     '62 Austin-Healey MKII Sprite
jpquinn@cyberramp.net
www.cyberramp.net/~jpquinn
PGP Encryption Key Upon Request