Color-coded leaks

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Color-coded leaks
From: Don Mathis <donmathis@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 1996 10:02:16 -0500
A few years ago it occured to me while I was working with an Ultra violet
light source at work, that if I added a chemical tracer to each of the types
of fluids in my MGA, I would be able to shine a UV light on the puddle and
determine which fluid it was by its color. (I recently saw that concept in
one of the catalogs; probably Eastwood's) I noticed a small leak coming from
the front of the MGA this morning.  It is a clear, low viscosity oil, very
clean...It looks kinda like the clean oil I put into the carb dampers. I
guess it could be the left front shock.  I guess I have to raise the hood on
this one!

Don Mathis,Ph.D.
LUCENT TECHNOLOGIES
donmathis@lucent.com