RE: MGA starter end cover

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MGA starter end cover
From: John Saxon <jsaxon@acay.com.au>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 21:13:07 +1100
>In restoring my '58 1500 to original condition I also looked at this
subject. I was not able to discover any photographs of covers over MGA
starter ends in all my researches even though there are certainly three
threaded holes available.

>However, remember this engine was used in many other BMC vehicles over the
years, albeit in less powerful form. I have discovered a picture of a
Magnette engine with a cover fitted and I recall seeing somewhere that it
was made of rubber.

>The final word (as far as I am concerned) is that no cover is shown or
listed in the official BMC MGA Spare Parts Manual.

John Saxon, Sydney, Australia - 1958 MGA 1500