Leaky tires

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Leaky tires
From: The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 1996 22:32:13 -0500
Trevor,

Buy inner tubes if you don't want new tires. That sealant in a can stuff is
for temp. use only. Some one put some in one of my Interceptor's tires
before I bought it (Jensen alloys notoriously leaky), the stuff eventually
peeled off and made a big clump, which caused my wheel/tire to go clumpity,
clumpity. Being a typical brit-car owner I wondered, What's that
noise/vibration? I wondered for a couple months, thinking I'd better look
into this. By time I did, the wheel was warped! Like Interceptor starfish
alloys can be picked up at Wal-Mart. Luckily my spare was okay, so I just
switched, but I'd never use that sealant crap as anything but a
get-back-to-civilization fix.

Michael, New Bern, NC