TC rocker standards - spacers

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: TC rocker standards - spacers
From: homestay@infolearn.com.au (Syl's Sydney Homestay)
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 1996 02:02:45 +1100 (EST)
A question raised some time ago concerned the purpose of shims inserted
(or left out) beneath the rocker standards on the TC head.

I can't recall seeing an answer posted to that question but I think I may
have found it in connection with some reading on TC supercharging.

The standard head thickness is 76.75 mm with a head gasket thickness of
0.045 in.

Stage I tuning involves milling the head down to 74.37 mm and using the
standard head gasket. Compression is raised to 8.6:1 with this modification
but then requires the addition of 1/16" shims under the rocker standards
and 3/32" thick washers under the holding down nuts.

These may be the shims that were casually left out of the rebuild in question.

Regards

Paul