Front Suspension Rebuild

To: MGS@autox.team.net
Subject: Front Suspension Rebuild
From: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Date: 11 Nov 96
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.5.1 ] --

`Last July I bought all the parts to rebuild my BGTs front suspension. I
was a little hesitate since I had read so many horror stories on the
list about how difficult it was to separate some of the parts.
To minimize down time I decided to take the spindles off my parts car,
have the bushings pressed in and reamed and use them on B GT. After
spending the better part of a day, ten skinned knuckles and three
hacksaw blades I got them off.
Spent the rest of the summer painting the suspension parts, reading the
manual and doing anything else which provided a excuse for not having to
get into the front wheel well of the BGT.
Well having procrastinated as long as I could ( people on the freeway
were getting upset with me having to travel in two lanes) I decided to
tackle the job this weekend.
THREE HOURS AND THE JOB WAS DONE!!!!!!!
Everything came apart and and went together just like on one of those do
it your self TV shows. Never even had to use a breaker bar.
Best part is how great the car rides an handles now.

Bob Nogueira  "Life is Good"