MGA project.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA project.
From: William Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 14:58:58 -0600
MGA's are fairly simple cars.  However, they are almost entirely hand
fitted and no two are alike.  This makes restoration more difficult.  When
looking at 'A's, there are certain known weaks areas that you should look
for, such as a cascade of oil from the rear seal and the fit of the doors.
Also, some reproduction / NOS parts are either very expensive (crankshaft)
or very poor quality (grill).

I strongly suggest that you spend some time reading before you buy.  That
way you can avoid some of the more expensive pitfalls of this particular
model.  For a first restoration, a B is probably a better choice.

Having said that, I am very happy with my A even though the doors don't fit
perfectly and the rear scroll is shot.  These are really endearing cars
that, for me, mix vintage with usable in perfect proportion.

Good Luck
Bill Eastman
61 MGA