Re: Weber Side Draft

To: Bill Mills <williem@nando.net>
Subject: Re: Weber Side Draft
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 09:21:05 -0600
Bill Mills wrote:

> -- [ From: Bill Mills * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --
>
> I brought home a Weber side draft carb today.  This unit was running on a
> '74 roadster.  Can anyone
> point me to some sources of information/parts for setting up this carb?

Welcome to Weberland:

If it was running on a '74 B, it shouldn't take much to get it to run on
your '70. I have three Webers on my 'C' and they are reliable and zero
maintenance. I can recommend two books:

"Weber Carburetors" by Pat Bearden, HP Books
        1988, ISBN 0-89586-377-4

"Weber Carburettors" by John Passini, MRP Speedsport
        1992, ISBN 0-94798-167-5

Bearden's book takes a pragmatic approach to install and tune. The Passini
book is theory, tuning, and maintenance with emphasis on theory. I recommend
them both.

There is a place called Pierce Mainifold on the West coast that is real easy
to deal with. I'm afraid I gave their catalog away. In the back ads of
AutoWeek there is always an add for a Weber distributor on the East coast
but I found them an arrogant bunch of assholes.

Can't help you with the distributor. I went to a Mallory Dual-Point and like
it just fine. I bought the books from Classic Motorbooks (a mail order
outfit) and they are great. 1-800-826-6600.

Finally, there is a Hanyes manual on Webers and it is crap. Way too much
boiler plate and generalities and few specifics on the DCOE.

Have fun,

Bob Allen, '69MGC/GT, Kansas City