Re: Acronyms- BMIHT, IMHO, etc

To: dondaves@ix.netcom.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Acronyms- BMIHT, IMHO, etc
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 10:31:59 -0500
Don and others ask what the acronyms mean.  When I first joined this list and
was new to email, I was puzzled as well until some one posted the following:

LBC     = Little British Car (or Convertible)
SOL     = Scion(s) of Lucas [the Prince of Darkness, etc.]
OBTW or BTW = Oh, By the Way...
FLAMES ON/OFF = start/end of major gripe or insult
WAG     = Wild-Assed Guess
SWAG    = Scientific WAG (at least one reason for the guess exists)
ROM     = Rough Order of Magnitude (size, weight, usually cost, effort)
<:.) :.) ;.( ;.] = various smiley faces

Additions:
IMHO    = In My Humble Opinion
TTFN    = Ta Ta For Now, AKA: "Bye for now" (Some Brits tend to end a
                conversation with less finality than "Goodbye" imparts).
PO      = Previous Owner (of auto)
BFH     = AKA: "Bashing Tool" (big, heavy hammer used with octagon
                wrench on wire wheel hubs, body dents, "persuading"
                stuck parts, etc.)
AKA     = Also Known As (alias)
YMMV   = Your Mileage May Vary (standard disclaimer that what worked for me
may or may not work for you.)

Hope this helps...
Terry