Re: MGF debate

To: Andrew Murdock <Andrew.Murdock@cdc.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGF debate
From: ninab@scoresheet.com (Nina Barton)
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 11:18:59 -0800
At 11:59 AM 11/12/96 +0000, Andrew Murdock wrote:
>I think we're all jumping in here and coming down a little hard and fast.

I think you make some very good points Andrew.  I feel that the important
thing to remember is that sports car drivers are special people, and the
ones who stick with a certain car when it goes out of production, are a
different class than those who use it as a fun vehicle but still buy
another new car in a few years.  Those who spend the time to work on and
restore their vehicles develop a fondness for it that few other things can
match.

I wouldn't mind seeing one of these MGF's sometime, maybe we should keep at
least one of the great companies producing sports cars for our kids.  I'd
like to see one of my daughters behind the wheel of an MGF, and hopefully
under the hood, repairing it!

As far as I'm concerned, the important points of driving should be
considered when using any vehicle.  I don't want my cars to mask poor
turning raduis with power steering, have inadequate acceleration when I
need it, corner sloppy, or necessarily be "luxurious".  I want a car that's
simply fun to drive, and performs up to any specifications I desire.  I
wouldn't trade my MGBGT for another car.  I know whats going on with it,
and what needs to be fixed.  If this MGF is good enough to inspire people,
it will go down in history as another good sports car.  If not, people will
forget it.

So much for my 2 cents worth.                Nina