Re: Real MGs/FORD/Triumphs the true story

To: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@dynanet.com>
Subject: Re: Real MGs/FORD/Triumphs the true story
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 13:35:58 -0800
Yo Kai,
You know something, I was just thinking to myself "what a fine, decent
young man this sounds like." I was even thinking of introducing you to
my 15 year old daughter (in a couple of years). For those who do not
know, Kai is going to be 15 week after next. But now I get this this
stuff about taking my cars, auctioning me into slavery. Worst of all
you want to someday own a Triumph? Later for you, David Deutsch

You wrote:

>David:
>
>I still want a TR6 or TR4A and you can't change my mind by
brainwashing me
>:-)
>
>>and 2nd because it was so ugly they could not sell them
>
>How untrue about the TR7, it was the most successful TR of all. It
sold
>like 150,000 cars in like 4 years (this says alot about Triumph cars).
 The
>TR6 sold about 142,000 in 7 years.
>
>>That's the truth and given enough time I'll be happy to fabricate
>> documentation atesting to it.
>
>David, you have 48 hours and for every 12 hours after that deadline
you
>must give me one of your MGs and when you run out of cars to give me,
well
>I will start the bidding on your other assets:-)  I will auction off
>everything you own until I see this documentation.  And if you fail to
do
>any of the above I will auction you off to a member of the list, maybe
John
>Twist needs another employee :-)
>
>Kai "drink your Lucasaide" Radicke
>
>---------
>> From: David Deutsch <drded@ix.netcom.com>
>> To: Kai  Radicke <mowogmg@dynanet.com>
>> Subject: Re: Real MGs/FORD/Triumphs the true story
>> Date: Monday, November 11, 1996 3:38 PM
>>
>> The fact is that Triumphs were alway made for the sole purpose of
>> marketing MGs. The salesmen would say "well you want a economical
>> British sports car, MG is it, or there is always that Triumph thing"

>> This is why MGB was basicly the same for 18 years while Triumphs
kept
>> getting uglier and uglier. The trick was to make them unatractive
but
>> still have people who had little or no taste in automobles buy them.

>> Well went the TR7 was introduced it was the beginning of the end,
first
>> because now they were both British Leyland produces and people who
>> bought triumphs before suddenly realized their cars were truely ugly

>> and 2nd because it was so ugly they could not sell them. Well
Triumphs