Re: Wheel bearings...

To: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Subject: Re: Wheel bearings...
From: homestay@infolearn.com.au (Syl's Sydney Homestay)
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 07:38:16 +1100 (EST)
Ross asks:

>What is the conventional wisdom on sealed vs. non sealed bearings for wheels?

On front wheel bearings my opinion is to use both. I use sealed inner
bearings closest to the hub to assist prevention of grease leaking through
onto the brake linings and I take the seal off of the outer bearings, wash
them out and repack with wheel bearing grease and leave the seal off.

Guess that doesn't really answer your question. I too will be interested in
the list responses.

Regards

Paul