Restoration question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Restoration question
From: Pschauss@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 02:31:11 -0500
I am in the process of replacing the sills on my MGB and
have just about completed the first side.  Based on the
length of time it took me to do this side, I figure that I
will have the other side finished some time in March.
I have made arrangements with a local body shop to do
the painting for me (haven't decided whether it will be a
full paint job or just the sections that I have repaired).

I am keeping the car in the garage next to the Healey,
so it will be dry through the winter.  The Healey will most
definitely not be tracking snow in.

Is there any need for me to paint the exposed bare metal areas on
the fender repair panels and outer sill in order to protect them
between now and next March?  If so, what type of paint
should I use?

I have compressed air, but no spray equipment, nor any
place to work with it except outside.  Therefore, I would
have to do any protective paint work  with either a brush or
a spray can.

I have painted, or will be painting, all of the accessable
internal cavities, like wheel wells, the insides of fenders,
floor panels (inside and out) ..., parts of the car which do not
require special cosmetic treatment.

Thanks,

Peter Schauss
pschauss@aol.com