Re: TD oil pressure

To: engconn@pottsville.infi.net, stevet@hbp.com
Subject: Re: TD oil pressure
From: MOMBARI@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 22:17:06 -0500
On the subject of oils, I also do not recommend Penzoil. I have seen many
cars with extensive sludge formation and all had Penzoil in common. We use
Quaker State oil at the shop and have been very pleased with the results. I
personally have been using it in my commuter for 13 1/2 years and never had
and engine break down, never had the head off after 225K, Open the oil cap
and the rockers look like new. Spoke with the Quaker State rep and was told
that Quaker state is extracted from shale and not from ash, as all the other
brands. Claims shale is a much cleaner form which the oil is extracted. The
ash leaves a residue causing the sludge buildup. I don't know if this is just
hype or what, but my commuter car certainly has not been hurt using this oil.
Maybe Ray Gibbons has a more definitive answer, Anybody else? (sure beats the
"cat" thread anyway). Cheers...roland....52 Austin......73 MGB.....79 MGB
(gone now)....58 Magnette (NEW acquisition! 8^) !) yay!