Re: Spin on oil filters

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spin on oil filters
From: swilliams@media-net.net (Williams, Scott)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 00:02:26 +0500
Phil,

>Also, it seems to me that someone had a bad experience with one of the big
>oil filter manufacturers.  Something about an internal leak on their filter
>based on positioning.  I didn't save the messages, so if anyone remembers
>this, please let me know.

I was one of the ones involved in the Fram filter discussion. The problem I
was refering to at that time was with the PH43 filter draining back, and
having to refill upon starting. Does the conversion you have hang the filter
in the upside down position? If so there shouldn't be a drainback problem. If
it is like the later "B"s just stay away from PH43Frams. I use AC filters with
no probs, and their made in England and available at KMart.

I have also heard that Hastings is a very quality filter.

--
Scott C. Williams

'73 Austin Marina (daily driver)   '74 1/2 MGT/GT  '71 Austin America
'70 Austin America  '63 MG1100  - All at home in Russell, Kansas