aqua '73 MGB's?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: aqua '73 MGB's?
From: dlittrell@juno.com (Dennis W Littrell)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 13:06:48 EST
Fellow MGers,

It's been a while since my last stupid question, and since I have nothing
better to do.......My '73 was originally that gawdawful mustard yellow,
but was repainted black. It was a bad job and eventually will have to be
repainted. It looks good in black, but it is a difficult color to
maintain: water spots, fingerprints etc. I have always had a particular
fondness for the aqua that was used in '72 (the first B I ever drove was
an aqua '72). I would like to keep the car an original '73 color. In
"Original MGB..." Anders Clausager lists aqua as a strictly '72 model
year color, but in Lindsay Porter's "Guide to Purchase and DIY
Restoration" it states "By February 1973, aqua and flame red were
discontinued". My B was built in December of '72.  I'm not sure about the
source of Porter's information, because he qoutes Clausager who credits
John and Caroline Twist with the inspiration and much of the effort. So,
what I'm asking myself is, can I paint my '73 B aqua and still be
original? But what I'm asking the list is, has anyone actually seen an
original aqua '73?

I refuse to justify my reasoning or my decision to anyone for any reason.

Dennis
'73 B Roadster "Shirley Valentine"
~B-)