Vicky Brit

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Vicky Brit
From: "Paul Williams" <williams@compuskills.on.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 20:58:23 -0500
After reading some of the opinions concerning Victoria British I felt I
should contribute my recent experience. I purchased their deluxe interior
kit (for something like $1000.00) and found it to be generally well made. I
installed it 3 years ago. This summer the floor mats got wet and I put them
in the clothes dryer for 10 minutes. Stupid, it turned out, as they
completely disintegrated, literally turned to fluff and black powder.  I
called VB to enquire about purchasing a replacement pair and was casually
told to purchase the entire kit! It was impossible, the customer service
guy said, to purchase the mats separately. Impossible? Come on, if there
was some interest in checking it out, maybe they'd find a way, but no. Too
bad, I was told. Nothing they could (would) do. So I asked to speak to the
supervisor and was passed on to Cynthia, supervisor of customer service.
This person was completely unfriendly, unsympathetic and not interested.
She repeated that it was impossible to order the mats.  Finally, however,
she agreed that perhaps she could phone the company which manufactures the
carpets. She'd call me.  Six weeks later she called. "I have your mats,
where should I send them? Right, that'll be $25.00, how will you pay?
Right, goodbye."  Customer service?  I won't be back to VB.

Paul Williams, Ottawa, Canada
British Car Nut and Collector of Pocket Transistor Radios