Re: Unleaded

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Unleaded
From: ghill@estec.esa.nl
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 12:28:06 +0200
--0__=BQjLaVTNoq5VWcwup6LxaW3toFZonKTlMbmPCYFwOOvOOGrLQVruBg2v

  Nick,

  I'm running a '73 BGT here in Holland and although they haven't
  introduced compulsory unleaded yet, it will be coming soon. At present
  I'm running on Texaco "Super with lead substitute" because Texaco have
  withdrawn normal 4-star leaded fuel from their pumps all across the
  Netherlands. So far (about 3 months) all is going well. When I first
  started using it the engine was a little lumpy but it seemed to settle
  down after a few days. There are no problems yet as far as I can see
  although heaven knows what the lead substitute is pumping into the
  atmosphere. I plan to get a lead-free head fitted as soon as funds allow
  and hope that the valves don't give up in the meantime.

  Regards,

  Garry Hill

  =============================

--0__=BQjLaVTNoq5VWcwup6LxaW3toFZonKTlMbmPCYFwOOvOOGrLQVruBg2v

  >Many thanks for this. No I don't have the instruction sheet as these are
  replacement shocks as part of my (very) >ongoing rebuild. Any one else
  running lead free??

   ----------
  >From: Graham McCann
  >To: Nick Pitt
  >Subject: Re: Spax's and unleaded
  >Date: 18 November 1996 09:29
  >
  >At 10:14 am 14/11/96 PST, you wrote:
  >
  >Sent this one before but didn't see it come back. also no replies yet
  but >I'll try again.

  > ----------
  >From: Nick Pitt
  >To: mgs
  >Subject: Re: Spax tube shock conversion
  >Date: 09 November 1996 08:36
  >
  >I am nearing the end of a heritage shell rebuild of my '73 B Roadster and
  in
  >the process have replaced the spax shocks with new ones. Does anyone
  have >any good suggestions for whereabouts the adjustments should be set
  for >general road use?
  > And while we're at it, I've fitted a lead free head and wondered if
  anyone