Re: gearbox parts for disposal

To: "john ruse" <hologothic@msn.com>
Subject: Re: gearbox parts for disposal
From: Don Mathis <donmathis@lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 13:43:24 -0500
At 04:21 PM 11/19/96 UT, you wrote:
>I have loads of gearbox parts for most MGs for disposal. Years and years
>accumulation. Quite a few old units. Stacks of good used gears etc and even a
>few boxes of new stuff. Midget laygears, reverse idlers etc. Many hard to find
>items.
>
>John

John,
I literally dug up out of the ground an MGA transmission. It had been buried
for about a years and a half. (That's another story!)  I haven't opened it
up yet so I don't know what I need to restore it.  What usually is worn and
should be replaced?  Thanks,

Don Mathis,Ph.D.
donmathis@lucent.com
'61 MGA