Re: The measure of an enthusiast / interior material

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The measure of an enthusiast / interior material
From: PETCO@surf-ici.com
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 18:28:27 -0700 (MST)
I too have been lying in the bushes for four months.  Bought a beautiful
1976 MGB with good mechanicals and a wonderful blue (tahitian) paint job
with body repaired.  It needs a new interior.  I had owned two roadsters in
one in 1968 and the other in 1972.  I had forgotten the joy of driving with
the top down. It makes my nine mile commute a joy.  Already I have had the
thrill of being able to do a mechanical repair.  Once I did it because I was
a college student - now I do it for fun (and to save $50/hour).  My son and
I replaced the fuel pump with the support of Bob Ford at Brit-Tech.

This car will be the daily driver as soon as I adjust the valves and put a
thermostat in.  Car does not run well cold.

It does need an interior.  The carpet, foam, vinyl are all cracked or
decomposed.  The question:  Leather or vinyl?  Ian via Mike Satur has
leather for about $1000 which is what the local shops want for vinyl.  Any
experience with installing leather?  For a daily driver not a show car!
Brit-Tech has vinyl for $630 until today or so.

Thanks

Lee Peters