Re: 71 mgb roadster for sale-reply to Toby

To: 9news@abilene.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 71 mgb roadster for sale-reply to Toby
From: OSCALETA99@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1996 02:31:18 -0500
Toby - noted that you're seeking your "entree" to the august body of MG
ownership but dont feel you cant participate because you dont have a car yet.
- There is a wealth of information on this list which will be of use to you
when you do find " the one " and contrary to the opinion of the moment(here
and there but not everywhere..)
there is a lot of fun and chuckles too.
If you havnt already done so, I suggest you buy Lindsay Porters "MGB guide to
purchase and DIY restoration" published by Haynes and available from most of
the parts suppliers, It is a definitive (if utopian) guide to selecting a
project car and then what is involved......my favourite quote is "...rust is
ALWAYS worse than it appears"!

good hunting

mike robson
69 roadster ($1300 and a good Arizona car)
72 roadster ($cheap to purch and God knows what went in!)
73 BGT ($450 - really)