TD-front end

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: TD-front end
From: gallianp@onyx.xtalwind.net (Paul Gallian)
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 09:50:31 -0600
Hello,

All you cool cats that are enthusiasts and MOWOG lovers.... Did I get them
all in?

Question:  Because of my  total restoration of my MG-TD I removed both
sides of the front wheel/hub/suspension assembly to be rebuilt by a local
English car shop.  The owner is very responsible knowledgeable mechanic.
After installing the wheel assembly as illustrated by Horst Schach
Restoration Manual (page 50) The front end will not aline properly.

Just by looking at the wheel alignment-- one wheel is pointing straight and
the other is making a left turn!  I know that the eye is not the correct
way to align but you should be able to get close!  Which I can not.  One
wheel needs to be moved several inches.  The tie rod adjustmet is used up!!
(no more threads left).

Any suggestions?
Need more information for a diagnosis?

Notice the neat signature.  (this is just in fun no offence meant to cat
lovers)

 "There's more ways to skin a cat than stickin'
his head in a boot jack and jerkin' on his tail".
                               -- Texas Bix Bender

1952- MG-TD
Paul Gallian
gallianp@onyx.xtalwind.net