70B to 69BGT convert

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 70B to 69BGT convert
From: al king <rking11@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 19:11:32 -0700
Right now I have a 70B, But I am probably going to be getting a 69BGT and
using the 70b for parts.  The thing is the 69BGT doesn't have an engine,
or trainy, and I was right in the middle of a total restore of the 70B
(so far the engine is torn down, interior stripped, engine bay cleaned
and ready to be repainted).  I would much rather prefer the GT for its
pratical purposes like better security for stuff inside, and its easier
to hold my surfboard =)  is it possible to take the 70B engine and trainy
and put it on the BGT without much trouble.  What would have to be
changed?  Was there much smog equipment difference between the year?
Is there anything else I should know?

Thanks
-Al King
70b