Re: A Perfect Day

To: DandDTietz@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A Perfect Day
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 17:14:28 -0800
At 05:20 PM 11/25/96 -0500, you wrote:

>Sorry for you Northerners, but I had to address this Texan (I used to live in
>Dallas), and I think I will give another report in January (I know it gets
>pretty cool in January, in Texas).
>
>Gawd I love these cars...

Don't feel TOO sorry for us!

Friday last was one of those days you poor deprived southerners will never
know!  As I write this it's 5 C outside and raining but man, ya' should a'
been here Friday.  It was gorgeous: - 6 C, clear blue skies, leaves of every
shade imaginable fluttering earthward and a sweet exhaust note purring in my
ears.  Back roads and secondary highways were made for this!  (So were
sheepskin coats!)

I drive the TC all over in the spring and summer (execpt to work) but fall
and winter kind of restrict my movements.  There are days however that
scream for a backroad tour.  A few hours spent on a day like Friday,
exploring and rediscovering rural backroads is worth a bit of discomfort....
more than worth it.  While I'd gladly swap months of West Coast Canadian
rain for a week in the Carribean sun I don't think I'd trade an hours worth
of Back Road Boogey in the clear cold winter for a month of January sun,
sans LBC.

You Texans and Floridians ought to really try for Alaska.........in February!

>Gawd I love these cars...

Yeah, me too.... in all seasons.

Cheers, from the left coast of the Great White North!

   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT