Re: Synthetic Gear Lube

To: paul hammarstedt <wfme@mc.net>
Subject: Re: Synthetic Gear Lube
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 16:01:36 -0800
At 10:30 PM 11/25/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Is synthetic gear lube an improvement over conventional gear oil in LBC
>differentials?
>
>I wouldn't think it makes any difference, but a freind and I are
>trolling for other views.  (i before e except after c ..... what about
>friend, freind, frend....I think I leak more oil than my cars...)

This thread was covered extensively a while back but sorry, I nuked the
archive.

I'm running Redline MTL 85-140W Synthetic in the gearbox in my TC and I can
tell you that it made a tremendous difference in the smoothness of shifting,
the level of noise and the operation of the gearbox at low temeratures.  I
haven't tried it in a diff yet but as far as transmissions go I'm sold for life!

   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT