RE: B gone for six to eight weeks (Long-ish)

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: B gone for six to eight weeks (Long-ish)
From: Nick Pitt <nick.pitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 96 16:39:00 PST
DD

     But these are all simple jobs! Surely a real enthusiast wouldn't even
bother a garage with them ;*)

          Nick ('73 B, just the one, still not done yet, but I'm doing it!)

 ----------
From: mgs-owner
To: mgs
Subject: B gone for six to eight weeks (Long-ish)
Date: 22 November 1996 13:52

Tommorrow is the day my 75 B goes to the Sports Car Services
rehabilitation facilities in Westminster, Vt. When it comes home it
will have new:
Pistons
Main, Cam and Rod Bearings
Oil pump
Camshaft and tappets
Double row timing chain
Valves
Clutch
Stainless steel exhaust
Etc.
It will be balanced and painted up nice and pretty
And oh yes, it will have O/D

I'm a very excited about this. This is my touring car and although it
still had plenty of power it was burning a quart of oil every 150 to
200 miles. The odometer reads 111,000 but I'm sure it was worked on
prior to my ownership. This is the car most of you (who have met me)
have seen me with and most likely will continue to be my distance car.

Next week my 66 Midget finally comes home. I bought it 2 months ago and
told the seller it maybe a while before I could take it home. He is in
his mid-eighties and said "well I parked it right there in 1977 so
another couple of months there don't matter".

Now I'll be exspecting all that "Bite Me" mail.
Please try not to take my insults and ravings to heart, I'm just
playing around. I'm glad things picked up a bit though. You all know
that if there is any way I can help you in your persuit of info or
parts I'll be there for you. I just want others to have some fun also.
However, I will get very angry if I catch anybody having more fun than
me. I hate it when that happens.

I'm going to have my hands full this winter. I'm probably going to lay
up the 66 B and drive either the 66 Midget or 67 Sprite, as a daily
driver, in the spring. I still have the 79 B V8/chrome bumper
conversion under way and am getting a 76 B ready to sell. The 76 is
going to B a great driver and should be available in Feb. for about
$2,000 to $2,500.

Safety Fast, David Deutsch