Wheels and getting your ears pinned!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wheels and getting your ears pinned!
From: car@texas.net (Carol)
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 13:16:24 -0600 (CST)
Now, how many women do you know who would throw  a greasy wire wheel onto
the fron seat of a nice, clean, big car and drive all over the countryside
showing it to folks?! Well...that's what I did yesterday.

It's AMAZING where trails lead. I called a "dipper" (who also chrome plates)
to ask about    dipping the wheels to strip them. He won't strip wheels, but
said he saw a "sandblasting place" on IH10 East about 2 miles outside the
loop.  I used the yellow pages to track down the address and found them.

Very nice people. We got to talking about what I was going to do, and
mentioned the name of a place that did powder coating. I asked for and
received directions. Hi-Tech is in a small town east of San Antonio. If I
can navigate San Antonio, I can navigate Converse, says I.  I got to the
middle of town, stopped to ask for directions, and found the place.

Bonanza! The Hi-Tech guy wasn't there, but the guy next door restores cars.
Ken James. He had wheels that Hi-Tech had done, and actually took me into
the Hi-Tech shop to look at some other examples of what could be done.

We had a nice chat and I admired one of his projects. I now have a size 16
mouth, since I put both of my size eight feet in it!! "Beautiful TC you have
there. Or is it a TD? I heard about it from RBI." His reply: "That's a
$150,000 car! It's a 1937 Jaguar."

Whoops!

There are resto places, interior places, paint places, you-name-it places
all over that area. What a find??!!

Just thought I'd share two of the things I do best: digging until I find
what I'm looking for and putting both my feet in my mouth at the same time!! ;-)

Happy Thankgiving!

Carol

(PS Many calls were made before the fruitful call to the 'dipper!' About a
day's worth.)

"As you approach life's curves, never brake and always leave skid marks!"