Re: MGB vs MGB-GT

To: DandDTietz@aol.com, b-schleusner@.ti.com
Subject: Re: MGB vs MGB-GT
From: OSCALETA99@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 01:13:41 -0500
Dave Tietz Wrote (excerpt)
qte
After falling in love with the marque, and wishing I could enjoy driving the
B more than I did (week-ends, when it wasn't raining), and admiring the
pictures of the GT in all my MG books, I bought the '74 GT. It is truly an
all-weather car, .............
.........There is a  difference between the roadster and the GT...NOT THAT
THE ROADSTER IS BAD!..
but there is something... the way you sit in the GT, the angle/position/xyz
co-ordinates of the steering wheel... the petal placement (not exactly the
same)... bigger windshield... I don't know what exactly, but it is
better........

........if you can, get one of each, like someone on the list said, "life is
too
short to drive boring cars".
----------
My first three MGs were GTs (69/71/74) and I only moved to roadsters due to
the lack of viable GTs around (by viable, I mean within MY budget and MY
levelof expertise, both of which are somewhat limited - though I have a
gratitude for being able to persue this hobby at all)
I enjoy my roadsters, I have got the 72 to a condition I couldnt even have
dreamed of when i paid $1250 for a running but hand painted and moulded hulk
all that while back
It is now BRG with totally restored rostyles, new carpet,seats,interior
panels etc etc etc and a head-turner "par excellence"
The 69 (a fairly recent purchase - for similar price was born in California
and brought up in Arizona - A BLOODY DREAM!. after quite a lot of (my) work
and some pro input it is mechanically as good as it can get for now and i
really am excited about this winters body prep and interior clean up (its had
a hard top most of its life acc to the PO so the interior is very good)

BUT......

The love of my life - the one for which i have waited , the one i would pull
from a burning barn before the jeeps or even the roadsters!!... is my 73BGT..
purchased this summer for $450 it has stood in a barn for 14 years(still has
81 tags!)
The engine was siezed, the original black tulip was covered at some time with
the worst pink and gold livery you could imagine all peeling with either
primer or surface rust in abundance showing from below and when i got it
there was more dog hair - and other dog bi-products in it than you could
shake a stick at!
The interior is now stripped bare and under "attacK" -the rest will follow,
it truly doesnt have any rot (guess barns do that for you,,,)and it WILL
again be Black Tulip with that particular shine only that colour seemed to
have.

to quote Dave

"i dont know what exactly , but it is better......."

mike robson
windbag of this parish.....
(to mention the cars again would be redundant on this submission)