wheel to wheel with a Bugatti Type 35C

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: wheel to wheel with a Bugatti Type 35C
From: homestay@infolearn.com.au (Syl's Sydney Homestay)
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 02:56:02 +1100 (EST)
One of last weekend's historic races at Wakefield Park pitched my road
registered 1948 MGTC with several TC specials, MG A's and B's and other
assorted thoroughbreads (Jaguars, Triumphs and others) against this classic
1927 supercharged Bugatti.

What a car! - I could keep it in sight through the bends but on the straight
as I was doing a calculated 75 mph it passed me like I was standing still
with supercharger screaming.

And what a thrill. And Barney thought he was having all the fun in the ditch.

As a matter of interest the Bugatti's times were about the same as for the
fastest of the MGB's. Not bad for 1927 technology eh?

Regards

Paul