Re: B vs GT -- In North Dallas/Plano

To: Simon.MATTHEWS@st.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: B vs GT -- In North Dallas/Plano
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 10:40:59 -0500
Simon,

You wrote "When I was in Texas (Plano to be precise) I did not find emissions
to be a serious problem".

I don't know if your still in the Dallas area but, last night on TV the EPA
was making some serious threats about air polution controls which could
seriously impact our hobby. I think I can quote verbatim that they were
proposing much stricker regulations "which will not only include much
stricter auto emissions but, regulation of wood burning fire places, how many
people can travel to work on a given day... ".

Understand, at the same time, I am not anti enviornmental. I go to the
landfill every Saturday to recycle more than the City pick-up allows, I have
never bagged my lawn clippings, etc. while at the same time supporting
exceeding the requirements of our City regarding wastewater pre-treatment at
my place of employment, etc.

If we are not careful we will become like places in California where a woman
cannot wear perfume because of VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) regulations
and the like.

I'll be leaving this state if and when such extreme regulations come to pass.
If we sit still for this crap, we deserve what we get.

R. Johnson - Dallas

'90 Maine Coon
'79 Midget
'76 Midget