re: MGB vs. GT

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: MGB vs. GT
From: WJAD81D@prodigy.com (MR JOHN P ELWOOD)
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 14:14:52, -0500
Hi all,
   I too own both an MGB and an MGB-GT.  When it comes to interior
temprature, I have found that the GT is an excellent car.  Most hold
heat in the winter better than the Tourers, the GT in many cases has
cloth seats that don't stick to your legs in the summer, and the
color of the roof is more often a lighter color than the black vinyl
top on the 'B.  For some reason, the GT doesn't get very hot in the
summer.  It might be the color, orange, that doesn't suck in the heat.
  Or it could be the giant vent under the dash I never close, and the
vent windows, that makes it so much cooler than any other non-MG car
we own.
  In addition:  If a non-convertible MG is all you are after, and you
want a bigger trunk, etc, may I suggest a Magnette or an 1100.  If a
nybody out there has an 1100 in New England, and wants to sell it,
write me!

   John